Home made cycling bars
In this post, we would like to share with you our home made power bars recipe.
It’s very easy to prepare and we’ll tell you how to make lots of them in one time! A funny and tasty way to spend an afternoon blending, mixing and baking with the family.
...with the ingredients, all natural!
-250g of dried fruits (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts etc.)
-1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
-1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
-3 or 4 tablespoons of almond cream with fructose
-2 tablespoons (about 20 g in total) of pure unsweetened cocoa powder
-12 dates or other nuts like raisins, dried apricots ...
-40g grated coconut
and now the preparation, let’s see how easy is to make it :
- Blend the dried fruits in a pot and set aside
- Mix the remaining ingredients and beat except the dates (in a bigger bowl)
- Add the dired fruits into the big bowl and mix.
- Add the dates cutted in small pieces
- Grease a rectangular mold and heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Bake for 20-25 ', ensuring that the dough is made
- Cut the power bar cake and wrap every piece into aluminium foil
- Put the bars into the freezer
-put the dough to the height of a finger more or at least not much taller and leave it in the oven for about 5'-10 'more watching not to burn. Thus the bars have a harder consistency.
-depending on the temperature, take them out of the freezer in advance before the ride
This bars have all you need to keep pedaling hard and dreaming BIG.
Hope you’ll like them.
(See more pictures of this cooking process in our Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/mtbdreamscyclingtrips/ )